Non-linear clothing degradation

Trandor

At the moment it's fairly easy to calculate how much the max stat of any piece of clothing is, simply divide its current stat by the % stat and multiply by 100.

So if your socks are at 50%, they will give you 0.5 C Warmth bonus, since max is 1.0 C.

That is actually something I would like to see changed. In real live, clothes tend do be keep more of their "stats" for a longer period of time, and only at the end they start to wear out, but then they do so fairly quickly, so in numbers, what I'm proposing could look like this:

[table=width][tr=text-align][td=border]Percent[/td][td=border]current stat[/td][td=border]proposed stat[/td]

[/tr][tr=text-align][td=border]100%[/td][td=border]1.0[/td][td=border]1.0[/td][/tr]

[tr=text-align][td=border]90%[/td][td=border]0.9[/td][td=border]0.95[/td][/tr]

[tr=text-align][td=border]80%[/td][td=border]0.8[/td][td=border]0.90[/td][/tr]

[tr=text-align][td=border]70%[/td][td=border]0.7[/td][td=border]0.85[/td][/tr]

[tr=text-align][td=border]60%[/td][td=border]0.6[/td][td=border]0.75[/td][/tr]

[tr=text-align][td=border]50%[/td][td=border]0.5[/td][td=border]0.65[/td][/tr]

[tr=text-align][td=border]40%[/td][td=border]0.4[/td][td=border]0.55[/td][/tr]

[tr=text-align][td=border]30%[/td][td=border]0.3[/td][td=border]0.45[/td][/tr]

[tr=text-align][td=border]20%[/td][td=border]0.2[/td][td=border]0.30[/td][/tr]

[tr=text-align][td=border]10%[/td][td=border]0.1[/td][td=border]0.15[/td][/tr]

[tr=text-align][td=border]0%[/td][td=border]0.0[/td]0.0[td=border]0.0[/td][/tr][/table]

Also: maybe the stats shouldn't go down to 0 at 0%, maybe they should remain at 10% of that particular item's stats, because however worn out a jeans or a jacket is, it's still better than nothing, right?

Oh and when I'm already at it, how about clothing degradation upon attacks by animals? It kind of bugs me that I get mauled by a wolf and my jacket remains in perfect condition. How does that even work? :D

Oh and when I'm already at it, how about clothing degradation upon attacks by animals? It kind of bugs me that I get mauled by a wolf and my jacket remains in perfect condition. How does that even work? :D

I didn't even realize that. I thought damage from attacks degraded the clothing. I mean, just walking around in them does more damage than I could ever possibly imagine. If my normal clothing took THAT much wear and tear on a regular basis, I'm not sure I would even bother putting anything on unless I knew I needed to make a run to the store or go to school.

Archived