Dropped Flare Shells Missing

Gardenho

Playing Interloper.  In Dam entrance area, the room at the top that has the double door exit onto Mystery Lake proper.  I dropped three flare shells and then my flare gun with one loaded flare shell.  After I dropped everything I decided to move it.  I picked up the flare gun and then only saw one flare shell.  I picked it up and the other two were missing.  They were not in my inventory. 

Note:   It does look like I still had "test build" after The Long Dark.  I'm on Steam so I had the game fully updated.  Just now I verified the integrity and "test build" disappeared.  I don't if that could have anything to do with it.

Now:  After exiting the game and getting back in, all four of my flares are back and my flare gun is unloaded.  So...glad to have the flares back.

They shouldn't disappear underneath the texture of an interior location, but I guess it can happen.

Tip: never drop items that are scarce resources. Put them in containers. I was up on TWM and dropped a bunch of items, including flare shells, to cut weight to climb down a rope. I didn't realize it until I got back to the hut that i had lost 4 out of 5 through the snow.

Archived