Stutters and FPS drops

Deerber

Hi guys,

Ever since the last update (actually, I think it was one of the hotfixes right after it...), I've been having continuous stutters and FPS drops while playing, mostly outdoors.

I know I'm late with this, but I don't play this game much anymore (waiting for the new juicy things, mostly :) ), and when it started happening I just stopped my sandbox and thought I'd wait for another update. Now I wanted to start another one though, and it's starting to bug me a lot. I can't play like this, really.

A few info:

My drivers are up to date.

My rig is more than capable of running the system (GTX 970, i5 1-4440, 16 gigs of ram, windows 7 64 bit).

I'm not having this with any other game.

Insert other media

Can someone please help me out? :)

11 minutes ago, Deerber said:

Hi guys,

Ever since the last update (actually, I think it was one of the hotfixes right after it...), I've been having continuous stutters and FPS drops while playing, mostly outdoors.

I know I'm late with this, but I don't play this game much anymore (waiting for the new juicy things, mostly :) ), and when it started happening I just stopped my sandbox and thought I'd wait for another update. Now I wanted to start another one though, and it's starting to bug me a lot. I can't play like this, really.

A few info:

My drivers are up to date.

My rig is more than capable of running the system (GTX 970, i5 1-4440, 16 gigs of ram, windows 7 64 bit).

I'm not having this with any other game.

Insert other media

Can someone please help me out? :)

Hey Deerber, thanks for the report on this. Going to move it over to the tech subforum so we can follow up. 

Vsync is enabled at 60, and all the graphical settings are at the highest possible via sliders.

FPS drop as low as 35, 40, while usually it's stable at 60. However, the biggest annoyance is not the FPS drops, but the micro stutter I get when it happens. That makes the game unplayable.

I have not noticed it being tied to any weather/lightning condition, and it did happen inside too at times, though it seemed to be less often. However, I cannot rule out that it is tied to a specific weather/lighting/effect/something.

It seemed to happen more often the longer I played. Meaning, as soon as a save was loaded, it wouldn't happen for a while and then it started, and pretty much never stopped until I reloaded or quit the game.

Archived