Make cloth more common

vancopower

Now that cloth has many uses from building a shelter to forging weapons, and repair let's make it more common. One way I can think of is harvesting rugs and other dirty cloth materials which will produce large amounts of cloth like 40 or 60 but it will take time and also new item should be introduced: Unclean cloth which should be boiled at a campfire together with 0.5 lit of water to produce a clean cloth which can be used. 

Another way is to introduce harvest-able furniture like cloth chairs at the outside of some places after a strong blizzard. Also every cloth that can be harvested outside should be Unclean cloth.

Cloth is very widely available as it is right now, I wouldn't want to make it any more common. Not only do you find it in abundance just lying around, but there are many curtains, towels, and pieces of furniture in houses that it can be harvested from, AND you get some when you break down/harvest a clothing item. All of the time, I have at least 10 pieces of cloth on me, if not more.  And while I think your idea about having to sanitize the cloth could have some merit - ex, the cloth you plan to make into bandages - I really just don't see the need for there to be more of it.

On 16.7.2016 at 9:42 PM, iSUGGESTthings said:

Cloth is very widely available as it is right now, I wouldn't want to make it any more common. Not only do you find it in abundance just lying around, but there are many curtains, towels, and pieces of furniture in houses that it can be harvested from, AND you get some when you break down/harvest a clothing item. All of the time, I have at least 10 pieces of cloth on me, if not more.  And while I think your idea about having to sanitize the cloth could have some merit - ex, the cloth you plan to make into bandages - I really just don't see the need for there to be more of it.

That is all true but for the newbie players who do not travel a lot it might be a problem. The curtains, and towels are mostly in Pleasant Valley, Coastal Highway and Mystery Lake and in that order by rarity. Also if cloth is used in even more crafting recipes I believe that it should be renewable resource. Anyway when NPC's come in to play then we can harvest their clothes so all we need to do is just wait for a while :)

Archived