Trail Markers

Gradientpixel

This idea came to me while walking through a nice blizzard at night... Yep definitely fun. 

My idea is obviously to be able to mark an area or more precisely say a tree to let yourself know "turn here" for example. 

Two ideas that came to mind are A) use an axe to notch a tree, B) use cloth to tie a flag around a tree. 

For the flag idea, it is something less permanent and would have the ability to fall off after a random number of days or when a blizzard comes through.

2 minutes ago, Gradientpixel said:

This idea came to me while walking through a nice blizzard at night... Yep definitely fun. 

My idea is obviously to be able to mark an area or more precisely say a tree to let yourself know "turn here" for example. 

Two ideas that came to mind are A) use an axe to notch a tree, B) use cloth to tie a flag around a tree. 

For the flag idea, it is something less permanent and would have the ability to fall off after a random number of days or when a blizzard comes through.

Hi!
it been discussed before. 
marking with ax is not good. can't see it from long distance!

12 minutes ago, alone sniper said:

Hi!
it been discussed before. 
marking with ax is not good. can't see it from long distance!

Thank you, was not sure if it had been or not. 

I do agree on the fact that the marker would not be able to be seen from long distances away. I think this is still good, however, since it provides ample room for getting lost. If anything it could play with the player's mind if they forgot which side the mark was placed, you then have the scenrio of second guessing yourself and thinking your lost when you aren't. Somewhat of a mind game. 

Having a marker visible from far off I feel would maybe be too much of an advantage. 

Thoughts on this?

9 minutes ago, Gradientpixel said:

Thank you, was not sure if it had been or not. 

I do agree on the fact that the marker would not be able to be seen from long distances away. I think this is still good, however, since it provides ample room for getting lost. If anything it could play with the player's mind if they forgot which side the mark was placed, you then have the scenrio of second guessing yourself and thinking your lost when you aren't. Somewhat of a mind game. 

Having a marker visible from far off I feel would maybe be too much of an advantage. 

Thoughts on this?

not sure. I think flag is better !
red flag among the trees is good !

but marker can use for next seasons!!!!!

12 minutes ago, alone sniper said:

not sure. I think flag is better !
red flag among the trees is good !

but marker can use for next seasons!!!!!

I do agree :). Flags are visible for a longer way of and could fall off. 

Cant wait to have a full season cycle in the game!!!

Archived