No Longer a Silent Lurker

FrozenScorpion

Hi guys, I've been playing the game for a week or two now and I've been lurking on the forums for that same duration. Couple things made me join up on the forum, but I'll get back to that in a second.

I've originally came across The Long Dark when the Soarvivor himself started and finished a series on it a while back, then I ran into again when he did The Hunted: Part One series, which shown a lot of updates. Shortly after that, Super Hostile Creator, Vechs decided to give it a shot. Since he hasn't read up on the game or watched Paul (or any videos for that matter), he failed pretty quickly and gave the game a very unfair review (in my opinion). This is when I decided to buy the game and play for myself (all day Memorial Day) and fell in love with the game. During play, there were certain things I picked up on; which prompted me to go lurk on the forums, and now joining after seeing a few things here and on the wiki.

I'll talk about those things briefly here, but discussions will be their proper places. I'll cover the wiki thing that bothered me, then get to the game. In the wiki, the Rainbow Trout is listed as Saltwater, which isn't correct. It should be Steelhead Trout in that aspect. In the game (some of this is mentioned on the forums), food & dehydration seem unrealistic, item degradtion - unrealistic, food degradation - unrealistic, respawns for organic items, arrow creation, weapon availability, etc... And I have some suggestions too, like modding the forge stuff.

Again you can see my thoughts on all that in their respective places, maybe not right now, but very soon. The trout thing will be right now since that bothers me as an angler.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to desperately stare at a large piece of wood that I can't use to tenderize the damn wolf lurking outside, waiting for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2016 at 5:34 PM, FrozenScorpion said:

Hi guys, I've been playing the game for a week or two now and I've been lurking on the forums for that same duration. Couple things made me join up on the forum, but I'll get back to that in a second.

I've originally came across The Long Dark when the Soarvivor himself started and finished a series on it a while back, then I ran into again when he did The Hunted: Part One series, which shown a lot of updates. Shortly after that, Super Hostile Creator, Vechs decided to give it a shot. Since he hasn't read up on the game or watched Paul (or any videos for that matter), he failed pretty quickly and gave the game a very unfair review (in my opinion). This is when I decided to buy the game and play for myself (all day Memorial Day) and fell in love with the game. During play, there were certain things I picked up on; which prompted me to go lurk on the forums, and now joining after seeing a few things here and on the wiki.

I'll talk about those things briefly here, but discussions will be their proper places. I'll cover the wiki thing that bothered me, then get to the game. In the wiki, the Rainbow Trout is listed as Saltwater, which isn't correct. It should be Steelhead Trout in that aspect. In the game (some of this is mentioned on the forums), food & dehydration seem unrealistic, item degradtion - unrealistic, food degradation - unrealistic, respawns for organic items, arrow creation, weapon availability, etc... And I have some suggestions too, like modding the forge stuff.

Again you can see my thoughts on all that in their respective places, maybe not right now, but very soon. The trout thing will be right now since that bothers me as an angler.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to desperately stare at a large piece of wood that I can't use to tenderize the damn wolf lurking outside, waiting for me.

Here's a belated welcome from me on joining us here in the forums! :durbear:

And I see you've been sharing your thoughts as well. Always great to see a lurker come out of the shadows, so to speak. 

Archived