Greetings from Spinningmantis

Howdy all-

My name is Joe aka Spinningmantis.  I formerly worked in AAA game development for 12 years and now I work at a major advertising agency.

I've been a big supporter of The Long Dark since I first saw it, and began making Gameplay Walkthroughs and Guides for TLD when I launched my YouTube channel in December 2015.  In fact, TLD was one of my major inspirations for starting as a YouTuber.  TLD offers so many dynamic and emergent gameplay opportunities that I felt it was a shame that no one else would be able to share in my adventures.

I've posted videos of complete series for Pilgrim & Voyageur mode and am currently making Stalker mode videos.  I also began Hunted Pt. 1 and Hopeless Rescue video series on the day they came out :) and continue them to this day.  I hope to continue this with the 2 new challenge modes coming soon from Hinterland!  Though I play other games, my YouTube channel has a HEAVY emphasis on TLD, consisting of almost 50% of my content.  If you are interested in checking these videos out, just search spinningmantis (all one word) on YouTube and you will find my channel (I'm not gonna link it here because that can be annoying).

I'm really excited for the next patch and the new challenge modes- I hope that you join me on my journey and/or are inspired to start making TLD videos of your own.

Best Wishes -

Spinningmantis

LongDark Hunted 1.jpg

37 minutes ago, spinningmantis said:

Howdy all-

My name is Joe aka Spinningmantis.  I formerly worked in AAA game development for 12 years and now I work at a major advertising agency.

I've been a big supporter of The Long Dark since I first saw it, and began making Gameplay Walkthroughs and Guides for TLD when I launched my YouTube channel in December 2015.  In fact, TLD was one of my major inspirations for starting as a YouTuber.  TLD offers so many dynamic and emergent gameplay opportunities that I felt it was a shame that no one else would be able to share in my adventures.

I've posted videos of complete series for Pilgrim & Voyageur mode and am currently making Stalker mode videos.  I also began Hunted Pt. 1 and Hopeless Rescue video series on the day they came out :) and continue them to this day.  I hope to continue this with the 2 new challenge modes coming soon from Hinterland!  Though I play other games, my YouTube channel has a HEAVY emphasis on TLD, consisting of almost 50% of my content.  If you are interested in checking these videos out, just search spinningmantis (all one word) on YouTube and you will find my channel (I'm not gonna link it here because that can be annoying).

I'm really excited for the next patch and the new challenge modes- I hope that you join me on my journey and/or are inspired to start making TLD videos of your own.

Best Wishes -

Spinningmantis

Welcome! Feel free to share some of your videos in the YT subforum so they can get some visibility there as well. Looking forward to checking out your videos. 

And yes, we're eager to get the new Challenge modes out there for folks to try. :coffee: 

Archived