Hi. I'm a Returning Player.

AdamTL

Hi I'm Adam, I'm an Xbox player and I played The Long Dark last November into December, took a break and now I'm planning on returning and getting back into it with a new save file and all that.  When I played it I fell in love with TLD's art style and really interesting approach to survival game play.

I have two questions, how is the community around the game?  When I was last playing, the Community was pretty vibrant, communicative and robust. I'm curious if it's the same, if it's declined or whatever.   Second question, have any mechanics changed so much that I'd be hard pressed to figure out the new way to do things?

Thanks in advance and glad to be back.   

47 minutes ago, AdamTL said:

Hi I'm Adam, I'm an Xbox player and I played The Long Dark last November into December, took a break and now I'm planning on returning and getting back into it with a new save file and all that.  When I played it I fell in love with TLD's art style and really interesting approach to survival game play.

I have two questions, how is the community around the game?  When I was last playing, the Community was pretty vibrant, communicative and robust. I'm curious if it's the same, if it's declined or whatever.   Second question, have any mechanics changed so much that I'd be hard pressed to figure out the new way to do things?

Thanks in advance and glad to be back.   

Hi Adam, welcome back! :coffee:

The game and the community itself have only grown since last December. I like to think it's just as robust and vibrant as ever, both here on the official forums and elsewhere. But you can check it out and see for yourself. :)

As for the game mechanics, we have made some changes to the game since December, some major some minor. The new Challenge Modes will definitely be something to check out, among many other things. You can see all the recent updates on our master changelist here: http://hinterlandgames.com/the-long-dark/update-archive/

Just scroll down for all the update info from recent months.

Great that you're back! 

Archived