Great game!

ghettochild2600

Hi all. I've been gaming for a long time and mostly enjoy first person rgps (Thief, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, ect) I'm a huge fan of survival/realism type games and yesterday I stumbled upon The Long Dark through Youtube and had to give it a try. I really like where this game is going and joined the community to give some feedback and to hopefully help improve upon it. I've only tried the Voyageur difficulty and find it to be a good balance and my longest time surviving has been 4 days. Anyway I'm going to start making a list of all the things I'd like to see or improvements to see what other's think!

I'm still new to the game and I'm not sure whether some of these items/changes already exist but I will post them anyway. 

Currently playing on Alpha v327

1. I haven't come across much ammunition but I found myself in a situation where it would of helped if I could take apart a .303 round and use the gun powder as an accelerant.
  2. I haven't noticed any animal tracks to help possibly hunt prey.
  3. Does a bear sh*t in the woods? I haven't seen any animal feces to help in tracking prey.
  4. Being able to move items around the ground like elder scrolls with the z button.
  5. Finding flashlight and batteries would be nice.
  6. Finding a magnifying glass in maybe  a desk somewhere to help light a fire during the daytime would also be helpful.
  7. Ability to make a spear for defense/hunting.
  8. Why can't I light a fire using a flare?
  9. Ability to construct a shelter or find a tent.
  10. Finding an improved backpack for increased storage/less fatigue penalty. 
  11. Ability to scroll through inventory items when transferring to another container.

Archived