Decaying starts when you create your game?

Nasdaq401

So say I start a new game in mystery lake. Do items in say timber wolf mountain start degrading or is it when you first enter a certain area?  I enjoy staying on one map for a long time and then moving on.  I really hope this isn't the case.  Also a quick question, I'm looking for a definitive answer on decay rates after this patch, does it make a difference if I am inside my"base" that is an indoor location if I put an item on the floor/shelf or in a container ? I do understand maybe cooked meat could matter but I remember from before the patch even canned goods would decay faster on the shelf. Has that changed.  I would love a breakdown of this mechanic 

On 24/4/2016 at 8:45 AM, Nasdaq401 said:

So say I start a new game in mystery lake. Do items in say timber wolf mountain start degrading or is it when you first enter a certain area?  I enjoy staying on one map for a long time and then moving on.  I really hope this isn't the case.  Also a quick question, I'm looking for a definitive answer on decay rates after this patch, does it make a difference if I am inside my"base" that is an indoor location if I put an item on the floor/shelf or in a container ? I do understand maybe cooked meat could matter but I remember from before the patch even canned goods would decay faster on the shelf. Has that changed.  I would love a breakdown of this mechanic 

The items start degrading at Timberwolf Mountain even if you just started the game and never entered this region. BUT they used to degrade at a ~100 days scale period, before the update. Now, they're degrading at a ~1000 days scale period. so don't mind !

And i think that the items still degrade faster on a shelf or on the ground that in a container.

I hope this helps.

4 hours ago, WinterWhite said:

The items start degrading at Timberwolf Mountain even if you just started the game and never entered this region. BUT they used to degrade at a ~100 days scale period, before the update. Now, they're degrading at a ~1000 days scale period. so don't mind !

And i think that the items still degrade faster on a shelf or on the ground that in a container.

I hope this helps.

It does thanks.  I could have swore a developer commented about the new degradation and said they want us to be able to put things on shelves and made it so if you are in a loadable base/house then it will not matter.  I'm trying to get their attention and really hope they see this ! 

Archived