Greetings from Norway!

Oywin

Hello, fellow TLD gamers! This might be a TL;DR post. (Hah!)

I've got 278 hours of playtime in The Long Dark and it's definitely my favorite single-player game right now. I just really like that feeling of harsh, cold loneliness that this game sometimes has, while other times being so very beautiful and relaxing. Maybe it's because the in-game nature reminds me so much of the Norwegian nature. I'm a roleplayer and like to immerse my self into my character and the world, and for my next sandbox-game my goal is to try to write in the log about every day.
Even though I started playing this game at the end of 2014, I still haven't survived over 200 days. My last game was the record: 199 days. I froze to death in my sleep while in the cargo-plane atop the summit in Timberwolf Mountain because my bearskin-bedroll got worn down one point over the freezing point without me noticing. At that point I had stopped roleplaying long ago and was just chasing that last achievement which is surviving for 200 days - so you can guess my agony when I went to sleep and never woke again. I got a little too eager and a little too careless, which is enough in this game.

Anyway, what can I tell about my self? I am 27 years old and live in Oslo, Norway. When I'm not playing The Long Dark I like to play Planetside 2 - I just like the huge scale battles, the teamwork and being competitive. When I'm not gaming I like to try being creative with drawing or 3d-modeling and animation - but I'm a huge perfectionist and my own worst critic, so I don't create as much as I wish. Anyway, the art-style of The Long Dark is something I really dig and I hope to create something l in the same style one day. Also, if anyone wishes to see my 3d-work, I've got some on my YouTube-page (shameless self-promoting, I know).

I'm not really new to these forums, but I never saw this introduction-page before, so I guess it was time.

7 minutes ago, Oywin said:

Hello, fellow TLD gamers! This might be a TL;DR post. (Hah!)

I've got 278 hours of playtime in The Long Dark and it's definitely my favorite single-player game right now. I just really like that feeling of harsh, cold loneliness that this game sometimes has, while other times being so very beautiful and relaxing. Maybe it's because the in-game nature reminds me so much of the Norwegian nature. I'm a roleplayer and like to immerse my self into my character and the world, and for my next sandbox-game my goal is to try to write in the log about every day.
Even though I started playing this game at the end of 2014, I still haven't survived over 200 days. My last game was the record: 199 days. I froze to death in my sleep while in the cargo-plane atop the summit in Timberwolf Mountain because my bearskin-bedroll got worn down one point over the freezing point without me noticing. At that point I had stopped roleplaying long ago and was just chasing that last achievement which is surviving for 200 days - so you can guess my agony when I went to sleep and never woke again. I got a little too eager and a little too careless, which is enough in this game.

Anyway, what can I tell about my self? I am 27 years old and live in Oslo, Norway. When I'm not playing The Long Dark I like to play Planetside 2 - I just like the huge scale battles, the teamwork and being competitive. When I'm not gaming I like to try being creative with drawing or 3d-modeling and animation - but I'm a huge perfectionist and my own worst critic, so I don't create as much as I wish. Anyway, the art-style of The Long Dark is something I really dig and I hope to create something l in the same style one day. Also, if anyone wishes to see my 3d-work, I've got some on my YouTube-page (shameless self-promoting, I know).

I'm not really new to these forums, but I never saw this introduction-page before, so I guess it was time.

Hey Oywin, even if you're not "totally" new, it's always nice when folks stop here and introduce themselves. ;)

Yeah, I remember Planetside 2 being pretty epic when I played it back at release. What a strange, giant world those guys made. 

Looking forward to seeing you around!

--Patrick

Archived