Glimpse at the windows

6lv1

Hi everyone,

Why do we have windows in most TLD accommodations when we can't really use them at all...

Let's change that ;)

I propose a very simple idea of being able to use the windows to... look outside.let me tell you that I just stopped playing TLD a moment ago, just after I heard a wolf barking at me right before I clicked on "door" of my very cosy lake cabin. And now what? I'll launch TLD again and pray for the wolf to be gone when I step outside of my survival place? or I get to sleep for a bit while I have so much to do before sunset? 

Hm, what would a normal person/survivalist do ?
He would look through the window before he gets outside, because, he's freaking out about this angry wolf at the door!

There could be multiple solutions

1- It is possible to have an actual look at the outside through a window (graphic) = awesome

2- if too complicated, it could only be a click on the window, triggering an audio response from the character being played, such as : "I don't see much, but nothing seems to move outside" or " I see something black, I'm not really sure..." or "Damn... a wolf is just outside" etc etc

Now for both solutions, it should be easy to look outside and recognize things/animals when it is sunny, during the day, with a glass which is free of frozen rain.  
And it should be harder/less precise to recognize things/animals at night, during a storm with a glass completely blurred by ice. And of course everything in between!

The ice level (blur) on the glass could follow the inside temperature of the cabin, which adds a cost (of fire) if the player wants to get a clear precise and complete summary of what is going on outside of his keep.

Just an idea, ready for comments and feedbacks.

I would love it if we could do this, but I worry it's technically difficult. I mean, not just wolves, but checking the weather, for example.

The best way I can imagine is if you took a copy of the land around the building and had that as part of the loaded area for the interior. Then, on transition, you took all the objects from that area and loaded them into the same positions. 

That might cause all sorts of issues I haven't thought of, but it would be a nice way of maintaining separate areas between transitions while giving a solid feeling of continuity. 

Archived