Being able to build small shelter

Smileyattack

What animal would you like to see added?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now what I mean by building a small shelter is not building a house I'm talking about hinterland adding tape so maybe you could pick up sticks go to a workbench and create a small wall now I'm not talking about a full insulated huge house I'm talking about a slightly wind proof thing and then maybe you could build a slighted roof and have a little shelter alough there would be no door so you have no protection about wolves and bears and whatever predators they add if they add any so you could put a bedrool down a campfire just to keep the wolves away thanks for reading :)

7 hours ago, Smileyattack said:

Now what I mean by building a small shelter is not building a house I'm talking about hinterland adding tape so maybe you could pick up sticks go to a workbench and create a small wall now I'm not talking about a full insulated huge house I'm talking about a slightly wind proof thing and then maybe you could build a slighted roof and have a little shelter alough there would be no door so you have no protection about wolves and bears and whatever predators they add if they add any so you could put a bedrool down a campfire just to keep the wolves away thanks for reading :)

Yes maybe add a shovel which will allow you, to dig a hole add some stick and branches over it tie up everything together and jump in to escape the cold or the wolves

Poll and topic do not match? 

I'm not against basic construction options, but I wouldn't want TLD to turn into a craft-your-own-town thing, the way a lot of survival games do. It always turns into this lengthy grind of gathering resources, in order to afford some elaborate construction, which due to its requirements cannot be essential for survival, but can't be useless either. Or, they create artificial barriers, where you can't craft item x without structure y, sending you on journeys for one material after another. 

Any structure would have to have some well defined usage scenarios. What you are describing seems like a lot of work - you have to gather supplies and construct the finished product at a workbench, in order to place a structure somewhere outdoors that has minimal insulation from wind/cold and no protection from wildlife. Why not stay in the house that had the workbench? 

Archived