#483 Fire extinguished upon loading saved game

SwagadorDali

BUG DESCRIPTION: Fires in wood-burning stoves are extinguished upon loading a saved game.

Steps to Recreate:

1. Start a fire in a stove

2. Ensure it is stocked with enough wood to last for testing purposes (1-2 hours, it does not matter how much is put in to repro.)

3. Save the game (exit/enter building, sleep, etc.)

4. Exit the game

5. Load the sandbox

6. Observe that the fire has been extinguished

Visiblity: Always

I personally believe this is a bug that should be fixed because no time passes when the game is exited, nothing happens while you are away. A fire stocked with X hours of wood should not be extinguished. This becomes a problem in late-game survival when a user needs to keep a fire going at all times to conserve fire-starting materials.

I also have this "bug", first I would like to know if this mechanism is working as intended ? because as the OP said it is a problem for players who wish to keep fire going all the way.

From the patch note I understand it should have been corrected.

I've also experienced this bug. To be more specific I was using the upstairs wood stove in the lodge with the Canadian flag by the lake in the first sandbox region (can't remember the name).

I'm slightly more fortunate than the last poster as I have 1 match left. Definitely going to hose me on my next play session though. Still, 5+ days on the second play through isn't too bad. Now if I could just find some food or pliers :)

Absolutely loving the game so far!

Archived