Game buffering/very slow

isidro_basta

Hello everybody!

So, my friend and I are super into this game, but we've faced an issue about a week ago. The game starts normally but is very slow, 1 frame every 2-4 seconds on average. This happens right at the game's opening menu. As it is, it's completly unplayable.

This happened right after we installed the last windows update (that's right, the one that says "all your files are right where you left them"). We were having problems with the brighteness button after that update and tried to fix it using this tutorial:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-fix-window ... ue-1514636

(I'm including every detail here that might be related to our problem).

Eventually my friend had to reboot her computer because of non-related problems and now her version of the game seems to work well. But at a time, we were facing the exact same bug.

I have to add that I've always used the game on medium setting and that changing it to the lowest didn't change anything after the bug appeared.

Here are my compupter specs:

Name: Radeon HD 8670M

Peripheric id: Plug-and-Play PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6660&SUBSYS_1970103C&REV_00\4&1331351B&0&0008

Card type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6660), compatible Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Card description: Radeon HD 8670M

RAM: 1,00 Go (1 073 741 824 octets)

(if you need any other information just tell me which one).

Since then, I tried to go back to the previous version of windows, to uninstall-intall the long dark, to check if my antivirus had anything to do with it. This is all I can manage on my own with my poor knowledge, so I was wondering if anybody faced this problem or has any idea of what's going on. I'd like to find a solution that wouldn't involve rebooting my whole computer.

Thanks and good night

Isidro

Archived