v.302 TWM - Climbing mountain & going over map's boundaries

Morfic

Cheers guys,

First of all, thanks for such a wonderful game. Next, I looked through the forums and didn't find anything similar so far, thus here's a bug report, or an easter-egg if you like, which allows you to climb up the mountain in TM and reach the map's boundaries. There you can either fall endlessly(?!) off the map without dying, or go round the near peak to solid ground and see some floating rocks, trees and hoover wolves/rabbits (girlfriend liked it very much, she said it looked like a landscape from @vat@r 8-)). Also from there you can just phase through the textures back into the game if you want, and it will behave correctly from that point on.

As you'll be able to see in the videos below, this can be reproduced any time on v.302 by starting from the landing gear area near to the entrance/exit from/to PV. Just take the road to your left instead of going right to the lake, then you'll find 2 open spots, also on your left, out of which the second is climbable and can be used to reach the mentioned area. Please excuse the low quality of the videos & the lack of sound, I'm currently in a place where internet is a costly & scarce resource :shock:, hence let me know if you require additional details.

1. Reaching map boundary
    [bBvideo 560,340:h40hspkc]
    [/bBvideo]
  2. Falling off the map...
    [/bBvideo]
  3. ... or just exploring nearby peak & down to solid ground
    [/bBvideo]

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

Archived