Duplicate items glitch

Litstorm

There is a bug that seems to duplicate curing items placed on the ground in carter hydro dam, it has happened twice to me on a single playthrough.

Crashing may be a factor.

I had items in the 2 lockers closest to the main double doors, on the right side.

AFAIK i enter the dam, load, crash, reload, and then sometimes items curing on the floors would be doubled directly on top of each other so you only realize it happens when u pick the first item up and you see there is still a duplicate on the floor.

So far I've been unable to replicate the issue. Is this from a relatively fresh run, or are you using a save from a much older version?

Without any info on your full system specs, there's no way to tell if there's a hardware or setting conflict without further details. Please attach your debug output log so the devs to check for game compatibility issues.

On PC, the log is written to the data directory for the game. For Steam, this would look like:

C:\TheDirectoryYouInstalledSteamTo\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\output_log.txt

For Mac, the debug log is written to: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Note that ~ above is your home folder (little house icon).

It's possible the Library folder will be hidden. You can make it show up by typing the following into Terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

If they can't find any issues, they may request your save folder(s) in order to match the issue data.

Thank You :)

Archived