Bug: invisible rooms and Funny glitches in rooms like hydrod

Stealth Lynx

So I updated the game and started a fresh new load and then when I walked into a building it appeared invisible...there was sometimes also a black strip on screen sometimes and it felt like when you go through buildings in garrysmod. I have had no problems up until now...can you help?:)

The first thing to check is verifying your Steam files to make sure nothing is missing:

Could you please try verifying your game cache

Go to your steam library

Right click on The Long Dark

Select "Properties"

Select the "Local Files" tab

Press "verify integrity of game cache"

If Steam reports the files are okay and you're still having the same issue, attach your debug output file for the team to investigate. Without any info on your system specs, there's no way to tell if there's a hardware issue without further details. Attach your debug output log if you need the devs to check for game compatibility issues.

On PC, the log is written to the data directory for the game. For Steam, this would look like:

C:\TheDirectoryYouInstalledSteamTo\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\output_log.txt

For Mac, the debug log is written to: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Note that ~ above is your home folder (little house icon).

It's possible the Library folder will be hidden. You can make it show up by typing the following into Terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Thank You :)

Archived