Private Message stuck in Outbox

aaa1steve

I am registered and logged in. I have a private message sitting in the Outbox which appears to be going nowhere. The FAQ answers on this do not seem to apply. How do I get the message moving so it appears in Sent Messages? I already hit Submit when I finished composing the message. Using the username shown by the poster in the forum.

BTW, where do you find theses "Board Administrators" they mention in the FAQ on Private Messaging?

When you send a message, it is moved to your "Outbox" folder. Once the recipient has actually retrieved and read your message, it will automatically move to your "Sent" folder. It can be a little confusing, but this is part of phpbb's board functionality.

The board admin can be found here:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

You can also message myself or Patrick if you have any questions. Hope that helps!

Thank you very for clarifying the process.

It might be helpful to explain this in your FAQs on Private Messaging. In fact, you could just cut & paste your response here as an answer for a new question that might go: "How does Private Messaging work when I click on Submit?"

Archived