Just a Wishlist

PlotDeviceManager

- The ability to remap key bindings on both keyboard and controller (I am SO happy to have controller support now, thanks Hinterland!)

- A Continuous Walk button - I've heard a few people mention this and I think it sound like a great idea.

- A few more "natural" food items. Certain weeds and barks are technically edible. Not many calories, but it will keep you from starving.

- The ability to hunt with more than just a gun or bow. A bear trap is mostly what I'm talking about. It should be hard to craft and require a lot of resources, but when successful, it should be completely worth it (bear hide and meat should be the best in the game).

- And as usual, I can't wait to see more areas, the main story, and some mid- to late gameplay goals (build a shelter or a community, "escape" Canada, or something that will keep me into the game after I've crafted all the clothes and have a steady food supply.)

With the regular updates and responsive developers, I am willing to wait a long time on the "full" release of this game. It is seriously the only Early Access title I don't regret buying at all. Keep it coming guys.

P.S. Happy Anniversary! I just found out you have a Youtube channel (you need to advertise that more), and subscribed (Beth Lowery).

I always forget to add this when I post, but

1.) I'd really love to see a jump button; it just feels so weird not having a jump button. On that note, however, the "fall distance limit" seems so small, it really feels like I get sprained ankles just walking down the stairs. If there was a jump button at the moment, I think I'd end up breaking my neck jumping a log.

2.) I want, more than anything, a big The Long Dark map. I adore game maps, I have all the Fallout series maps framed, hanging over my computer area. If you ever create a hard copy map, please sell it separately on your site (for a reasonable price). I'll buy two: one for hangin', one for usin'.

Archived