#2685 - v.265 Reishi Tea Doesn't Heal From Inventory

TrekkieTechie

Apologies if this has been discussed/addressed somewhere; I searched the forum and couldn't find anything similar.

Apparently, if you have food poisoning and consume reishi tea through the equipment interface rather than the first aid interface, the antibiotic status effect is not applied. This doesn't make much sense, since other medical-type status effects (heating, "restful sleep" from herbal tea, fatigue reduction from coffee, etc) are applied when consuming relevant items through the equipment menu.

This punishes a player for not following a proscribed interface selection, even if they know the "correct" gameplay response to a status problem ("I have food poisoning, I need to drink reishi tea"). It's compounded by the fact that unlike most first aid alerts, if you want to cure first aid immediately, you need both medication and sleep, and a first aid warning is up until both are accomplished. So, one drinks one's reishi tea (through the equipment interface), sees that the first aid alert is still there, "knows" that it's because they still need to sleep, goes to sleep for ten hours -- and dies, and has no idea why.

Archived