Blizzard, falling branches, damaged houses?

Myshaak

I returned to the game after some months (I just couldn't play in winter wilderness when it's 35°C outside ;) ) and I really like the improvements, especially the immersive wood gathering system.

I was wondering if this system could be expanded upon a little? Like strong winds throwing the twigs off the trees?

Which brings me to the thing I really wanted to see - building maintenance. I am not really behind the idea of building improvised shelters, but I would like to see some stages of wear on the buildings. Right now the buildings are either fine or burnt down. What about some broken windows? Broken doors? Hole in the roof? Or just some wind passing under the door or through a crack in the wall?

I believe this could enhance the gamplay a bit.

What do you guys think?

Exactly! Though I am well aware of some technical limitations for the houses (namely the houses being a separate locations "detached" from the world, unlike the Forestry Lookout), so full house destruction wouldn't be easy to implement, but smaller stuff like broken windows shouldn't be difficult. I would love to see wind rushing into Camp Office and a small layer of snow piling everywhere!

Archived