Stone knife, steak knives, leathermen

talia343

There are times where no sharp implement comes up for me for quite a while, and I am left very frustrated by this, as I cannot get at things then. I know you can make a very simple stone knife by taking a rock and breaking it into pieces, and using a sharp end. Obviously, it isn't as good as an actual hatchet or real knife, but it would be better than nothing!

Also, I can see why hunting knives are hard to find, but in the coastal highway, all these houses, you'd think there would be some steak knives around that you could use until a better knife came your way. Or finding a leather-man on a dead body. Having a couple different knives to choose from even, then you have to decide, do I carry both the leather-man and the hunting knife, having the extra weight, or do I just carry one?

all these houses, you'd think there would be some steak knives around

Yes! I've often thought about this, too. So many kitchen and dining areas, surely we could take a steak knife or a cleaver?

To balance this out, maybe we could have the item yield a lower success rate for opening things, and they degrade very quickly. I know I would stab a can with a butterknife if I was starving to death

Archived