Buildings - Instanced / Light

snegec

What I've noticed from my current return to the game:

1.) Coastal Town in Coastal Higheway is missing a coastal cabin (the one with fireplace and two entrances). There used to be two of them near the dock, now there's only one. However, this is where it gets interesting. I've only tested it out on the Coastal Highway houses and the Coastal Highway Garage, but every place that has at least 2 entrances leads to TWO distinctly different places.

Example: Coastal town near dock, I entered the house into the kitchen. Rummaged around, found a stack of stuff. Filled the fridge, freezer and closet with non-urgent items and went out hunting. Got attacked by wolf, got wounded, stopped the bleeding and infection, went back and entered the house into the living room and all the stuff I've previously dropped on the floor was gone. Containers didn't appear searched and some had new items in them.

Same thing with the Garage. Entering it from different places put me into a new instance of a building.

So different entrances lead to different instances of the shelter/object/house. Tempted to travel to Mystery lake and see if the Customs Office has two rifles in it.

2.) Light from lantern propagates through walls.

I set down a lit lantern on the shelf in the kitchen, then went into the bathroom two rooms away and the light was shining through the wall so partially the bathtub and sink were lit, while the rest of the bathroom was dark.

3.) Last I played was about 3 months ago and now: Every house I enter has a bunch of stuff on the ground at the door, and has unsearched containers. So in a game where I've survived for 66 days, I'm finding new things in houses that were previously looted by me on all 3 maps. The only building that had anything good was one of the Coastal cabins that stored all my loot (skins, guts, kits, tools, metal parts, cloth, leather etc.). All of that is gone but I've found new stuff. My inventory was unchanged though.

Guest mcopeman

1) We have been working on a fix for the two interiors but I haven't seen this in coastal. I will look into this.

2) The lantern issue is known and on the list to be fixed!

3) We had to rescale buildings in the game which lead to some people loosing items. Instead we took all the items and placed them by the door so you would at least have them. Not a bug, just a work around for people with old saves.

Hope that helps!

Melody~

The farmhouse in Pleasant Valley still falls prey to instancing bug, even though the latest patch notes mentioned it took care of that.

Also, I experienced this tonight:

GHUvorI.jpg

Right after a minute, I got attacked inside a fishing hut and got killed. Ah well, that's 107days gone.

Next two restarts on Stalker mode Sandbox were weird.

Snow blizzard and 5 hours of darkness left for first try.

Snow blizzard and 7 hours of darkness left for second try.

Snow blizzard and daylight for third try.

Guest mcopeman

Oh no :( I've made a note for the team about fluffy sticking his head through fishing huts. As for the game restarts, if you have played the game for an extended period of time it can start you off at any time of day in any weather!

Melody~

Archived