#726 - disappearing ammo..

JoseyWales

I was at the damn and had been retrieving and cooking meat and when I went to retrieve the rifle and ammo out of the locker I had it in and my ammo disappeared when I added the rifle back to my inventory.. I watched it disappear when I clicked on the rifle.. 41 rounds ghosted.. Grrrr.. I then went to the set of three lockers to get some of the meat I had been cooking.. all of it was gone as well..

So I went outside and back in and checked the lockers.. My meat was back but no ammo in the other locker.. It's the single one by the stairs/hallway leading downstairs. Day 108 and I'm down to ten rounds of ammo now..

Another issue I have noticed is the wolfs when shot. They tend to go to high ground you can't get to or run right off the map. I ended up in limbo tracking one of them and found him stuck in a rock outside the map.. Almost got stuck killing him to harvest and I ended up stuck on the side of a mountain with no way down but to keep dropping from ledge to ledge.. Luckily it brought me down by mystery lake.. I followed the bank and turned left to go back to the main building there at the start of mystery lake, all in the dark mind you. I have no idea how I got of the mountain without dieing.. I did loose my pant's though.. that was a first. :D

--------------------------

After going back in the game I found out that the ammo in my rifle is gone as well.. So 51 rounds up in smoke..

output_log.txt

After I went back in the game and went and checked, the rifle and ammo were back..

Looking at the log it would seem that it is being caused by assets being dropped to free memory, at least it looks that way to me.

I also noticed in the last few builds that whenever a sound file is called up it causes the game to freeze for a second. The character talking, music for ambiance and so on... Seems to happen just about every time.

No, it is a run from the current build..

Operating System

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.87GHz 47 °C

Bloomfield 45nm Technology

RAM

12.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (8-8-8-21)

Motherboard

MSI X58A-GD45 (MS-7522) (CPU 1) 40 °C

Graphics

HP w1907 (1440x900@60Hz)

VE198 (1440x900@60Hz)

29EA93 (2560x1080@60Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (NVIDIA) 48 °C

Storage

1397GB Seagate ST31500341AS (SATA) 32 °C

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 (SATA) 27 °C

596GB Hitachi HTS547564A9E384 (SATA) 27 °C

1397GB Seagate ST31500541AS (SATA) 31 °C