survivor howl to check for wolves

tehwek

I love listening for wolves and wildlife in general, the sounds of the game are great. I was really sold on the game as a new player when I realized animal sounds are not just 'atmospheric' like in so many other games.

A small thing I've always wanted to do since then is to howl to trigger nearby wolves to respond as a way to check for wolf presence in some out of sight location (around a corner, over the hill).

If we care to get into some mechanics then I'm imagining something that only works if wolves have not detected the survivor (so you can't interrupt a wolf that has detected you by forcing it into the 'listen' pose) and possibly has some backfire potential. For instance, if you just out of sight of an undetected wolf (because it's behind the tree or just over the ridge) then it triggers detection where that wolf rolls to charge or flee. Maybe aurora wolves have a chance to stalk your location (as if you had smell lines) instead of responding, or timberwolves that hear you will immediately respond and attack. I think it would need a cooldown so you can't stunlock wolves into taking the 'listen' pose to sneak past them.

• Upvote 1