Prospectors 3D animation film, character inspired by The Long Dark

Sharing my 3D animation film Prospectors with everyone. I designed one of the main protagonists, Freya Stark, after the aesthetic of The Long Dark. I'm a big fan of the game and wanted to emulate the intensity of surviving in the wilderness, as my character recites text from her book The Valleys of the Assassins.

Prospectors delves into the complexities of the global tourism industry through the intertwined journeys of three characters, each embodying distinct types of exploration and cultural interaction. Weaving together historical and contemporary narratives, the film explores the repercussions of our digital era's relationship with international travel, highlighting ethical considerations and the blurred line between authentic cultural exchange and the commodification of experiences. Freya Stark, a daring adventurer, recounts gripping tales from her perilous expedition in 1930's Iran, while a beloved chef turned travel guru demonstrates his dedication to cultural immersion through his virtual avatar. The central figure, our protagonist, wrestles with meaningful cultural encounters, oscillating between novelty and authenticity on a quest for self-discovery. Inspired by the journeys of influential figures, he embodies the language and spirit of Freya Stark, Anthony Bourdain, Henri Mouhot, and Neil Young.

FinalSequence4k.00_01_00_27.Still027.thumb.png.c630b087a8cf1db3810c5179afefa276.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Which editor did you use to develop the characters and locations, and which did you use to “set the characters into motion”? (the translator cannot recognize the correct word, so I replaced it with a phrase in quotation marks). The fact is that I am now also studying 3D animation and I want to learn more about the editors in which I will work.