Environment Improvements part 5: Watch Towers

Cyclone35

I'm sure at this point, everyone knows what a watch tower is and what there used for. Ideally, park rangers would use them as lookouts to keep watch for fire's and suspicious activity in their sector. Hikers and campers can radio call them if their lost or seek assistance. Though looking at the watch towers in TLD, I don't really see much personality with the interior of these watch towers. You can argue that not every tower should match the description, or how they've all been abandoned due to the quiet apocalypse. But I think these watch towers could use a makeover in terms of design and making them into proper shelters.

For 1, they should have the essentials for someone living there for a few months. Things like cabinets for storing supplies, like an overhead supply cache that hangs on the ceiling, or a kitchen counter with a sink and drawers. There should also be an osborne fire finder in the middle, no watch tower is complete without one. I would also suspect there to be a radio coms device on a table, rangers use them to communicate with their coworkers. That's mostly everything, you can think of some other essentials that would fit in a small space.

In terms of an exterior, this can differ with each tower. 1 thing I would suspect is an outhouse. Though you are in the woods I don't expect every tower to have one, but we live in a society where you need one. Secondly is a place to store supplies. Some would have crates sitting underneath your tower. While others may have a small shed for storing firewood and useful equipment.

That's all I can think of. This isn't really a complicated change, I just figured to current appearance of watch towers in TLD could use a makeover.

P.S: I'm well aware of the game Firewatch. You could say I took some inspiration from that game.

image.thumb.png.ed7b2ceec52cf801792ab5097f0ef584.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1