Burdock Decay

Shadox

I just realized that Burdock decays. Stored some and it had go down a few Percents. Still veeeery slow decay that might take some hundreds of days to fully expire which isnt really a problem after cooking 5, but i wonder if thats intended, a bug, or an oversight? Because of every other natural ingredient like cattails, rosehips, reishi, lichen and acorn dont have a decay, so i did expect it to follow that route.

• Upvote 2

Are you sure it's decay? Is it possible that you fell, even from a small height, when you had it in your inventory ?

I'm asking because I collected 7 of them (at 100%) then 2 more (at 100% too) but not before I had a small fall in-between (to evade a wolf). When I wanted to stock them in my "kitchen", I had 2 different stacks in my inventory. I didn't watch precisely what was explaining the 2 stacks, but it can make some sense if my fall "injured" the 7 first...

I'll have a look during my next session and keep you posted ;)

Im sure that they decay, because i stashed some in the medical box in trappers, so nothing except decay over time could factor in.

Playing on interloper settings where decay usually is very fast, its still slow for burdocks, ive seen about 1% every 30ish days, but that could mean that on lower settings it would take hundreds of days for 1%.

• 2 weeks later...

The result of my check : well, it decays, really slowly... 1% every 30 days seems a good calcul to me. On a side note, it didn't take any failing damage : 1 is at 96% (my first stored, can't remember when I left it there), the 9 others are at 99%, and it's been 30 days precisely since I stored them here !

About decay rate, I stored them inside the Control Tower in FA, didn't try to leave them outside... but it can have an impact.

This is in a Voyageur run by the way ;)

@Shadox

On 1/8/2024 at 3:21 PM, DaGnome91 said:

The result of my check : well, it decays, really slowly... 1% every 30 days seems a good calcul to me. On a side note, it didn't take any failing damage : 1 is at 96% (my first stored, can't remember when I left it there), the 9 others are at 99%, and it's been 30 days precisely since I stored them here !

About decay rate, I stored them inside the Control Tower in FA, didn't try to leave them outside... but it can have an impact.

This is in a Voyageur run by the way ;)

@Shadox

Thats interesting, because ~30 day per percent is also what my guess/observation was, but im playing on Interloper and that has alot faster decay rates.

That feels like a bug than, because if decay is intended, shouldnd it decay alot faster on interloper? Strange..

And yep, i could rule out the damage due to falling. Because i stored some in the red medical box in trappers, and seen the decay there as well. Same for prepared and unprepared ones, just the Tea wont decay. But thats normal