Doesn't take much to get stuck inside the farmhouse

Brad Simmons

I was wondering if there's going to be some new feature where you can like press the ESC button. You'll see something called "Unstuck Player." This will allow you to become instantly unstuck regardless if you're outdoors or indoors. Beware if you're inside the farmhouse in Pleasant Valley. I was able to reproduce getting getting stuck in the bedroom upstairs several times. Go past the baby crib and turn left. Go into the room that has a computer desk and a bed that doesn't have a mattress on top.

You'll see a drawer slider leaning up against the bed with a mattress. Now try climbing over it and fall to the left. And just like that, you'll be stuck for good!

One last note for the devs, do let me know that you guys were able to reproduce this bug, and what can possibly be done in the future for those who get stuck unexpectedly.

If you just got inside or woke up from sleeping. You can reload your save if you get stuck so you shouldn't lose to much progress. It's a little emir annoying to do that if your outside cause that last save could have been a while back. I believe We fixed that particular stuck spot in the farmhouse, but I'll go back and take a look.

Let me know if you find anymore. Also you can take a screenshot with F8 and it saves it to your desktop. It also shows us your coordinates so it's easy for us to track down. In your case Farmhouse is small and I know where that is so it isn't necessary here but if you ever stumble across anything like this outside then an F8 screenshot helps a lot.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Yea, I'm thinking it was probably fixed after that and now things are blending into each other. I think this is like the 4th bug where I've gone wasn't that fixed? oh right that's fixed on my end just not everyone else's... I'll search the house and see, i know there was a drawer that got people stuck and that's been moved post- v.200 so hopefully it's the same one and that it's been fixed.

Jeremy

There's couple of other places that I know of where you can get stuck easily. Not inside the farmhouse, but outdoors. If you go to the road and towards the end of Long Curve, there's a spot where you can sort of drop down a little hole. Once in there, you're stuck. The other place is not too far from the farmhouse. One time I got stuck by complete accident right next to the log fence. Where the snow road is. Just as I was getting ready to press ESC and click LOAD, I was a little too late because I sprained my ankle while trying to get out. This cost me my whole run! 125 days down the drain of surviving in Stalker Mode. Therefore I had to start way all over. Pretty frustrating really. That's why there needs to be a "Unstuck Player" option like I've mentioned before.

Remember that movie about the guy that fell into a crevasse in the desert and he had to saw his arm off with a Swiss Army Knife. Maybe there should be a "Saw Own Limb Off" option when you get stuck :] you would be free but it literally would cost you an arm or a leg.

Archived