About temperature values and estimations by different regions, daytimes, weather and locations.

Strelok

Although i have now around 1000 days total of ingame time inlcuding various difficulty settings ranging from voyager to interloper, i still dont have a clue in terms of temp values by region, daytime and weather, let alone what is the starting temperature.

The only thing i am sure about the exact values are the following ones. Please correct me if i am wrong.

1. There is a limited temperature drop phase for voyager, stalker and interloper

That is, and i just want to talk about the temperature, not the time, -5°C drop on voyager, -10°C on stalker and -20°C on interloper. But i only found out those numbers because i use the mod called ExtremeTempDrop which gave me insight to the values of the different temperature drop phases.

2. To fight the cold there are specific temperature warmth bonuses from clothing, bedroll, consumables like teas etc and light sources like strom lantern, torch and flares. The consumables and the light sources give all +3°C afaik. The bedroll is +4°C.

Clothing just adds up an can reach up over +30°C bonus depending on your choices and the condition. For me it is most of the time around +30°C where i know i am now at the most upper limit in my playthrough for example.

Now it starts to be vague.

There are temperature differences by region which i only heard of after starting my first play and i was able to recognize it while playing. Like PV, DP and BI felt significantly colder than for example ML or CH, which i consider mild regions. Also AC and TWM and Blackrock i would say are rather cold than mild. But by how much i could not say. Even a rough estimation i fail to think of.

Because also the weather and wind plays a big part in temperature differences it makes it even harder to have values to compare. Additionally the daytime comes also into play.

Obviously the wind is easy to read as simply: more wind = colder, as is the daytime. Night and early morning are really harsh in relation to the rest of the day.

Weather on the other side is not that straight forward for me. While Blizzard is the king of cold weather, other types of weather are not that obvious to me.

Fog i could swear feels somewhat mild, but is it really because of the fog or is it just because there is no wind?

But dont get me wrong, i dont need to know any exact values of each region or any other aspect of weather and daytime.

I only want to have a rough estimation of temperature from you players reading this and have some good estimations of those.

To make it short, there are some questions i have about the rough estimation of temperatures which i want to gather in this post. Some of them i could answer myself by testing it, but i rather put them here to have a disscussion in the forum first.

1. What is the roundabout starting temperature in the game world. Could be ranging from rather cold to warm region without counting in the wind on a normal sunny day. (afaik there is no difference in starting temperatures by difficulty, only the temperature drop phenomenon is.)

2. What is the roundabout difference by daytime. Just take the rather cold daytime vs the warmer one. Night/morning vs Noon/afternoon. (i know that its gradual not suddenly)

3. Does foggy weather differ from other weather types by itself in terms of temperature? Or is it just the missing wind which gives the impression?

4. How much does beeing inside a car protect from cold? (Eventually i want to live for some days in a car with a bearskin beadroll but i dont know if i can survive that.)

5. Does snowing impact the base temperature? Does clear weather indicate rather cold?

To remind you again, no need for exact values. I only need some +-5°C estimations. Eventually there are some ingame meterologists who are excited to share their thoughts. I ask those questions because i use the ExtremeTempDrop mod and i dont want to have to warm or too harsh conditions. So i can evalutate the right settings there. For now i went for a -30°C drop, which is -10°C more than interloper. But i dont know if this is too harsh. My last setting was -15°C temp drop by the mod which is in between stalker and interloper but i had the vague impression that this was not that harsh. But now at -30° i am afraid that i did too much.

Thanks for reading and commenting.