The Long Dark Community on Facebook

Hello People! I am the founder of The Long Dark Community on Facebook. Anyone who plays TLD is welcome to join our community, just complete the three membership questions.

I'd like to tell you about some new features I've developed in collaboration with Facebook. We have implemented computer based training modules called Social Learning Units. It's a bit of a radical change for some folks. Some people, especially the new folks who join each week, are taking to it like ducks! I will continue to ask Facebook for new features to support CBT especially tests or quizzes and diagramming tools to make directed graphs and ER diagrams. I have a second, companion group, Deep Thinkers, which deals with coding, UML and a plethora of useful knowledge, including the magnetic anomaly, should anyone have questions. As an engineer, I'm also collaborating with wind engineers to design new types of wind devices using a computer aided design tool to perform dynamic structural analysis as well as fluid flow models. The engineering in this field is changing rapidly.

The second new feature is called tactical brainstorming. I won't explain more now; you'll have to join to find out!

I'm glad things have changed with the new wolf mechanic. The threat multiplier effects are humbling for the pack leaders. Good. They can use some humility. I know I do, every day.

A big thanks to Raphael and the team at Hinterland. We have confidence in you guys and huge expectations. As a former QA engineer and software development lead, I know things are always a matter of options and choices, trade-offs, just like in the game.

Live long and prosper; Good luck to all you adventurers striking off on your own!

Remember, keep your stick on the ice; we're all in this together.

Edited by SteveP