My Feedback:

Kazmanli

I understand that the creator has a vision where he/she wants it to go so I wont suggest things that I think detract or of-point to the direction of the game.

I would ordinarily never register on a website for a game and give my opinion but I can see this game has a lot of potential, and is going to be massive. Also I love the idea of the game.

Many of these things may have been suggested and debated but I'm not going to sift the entire forum looking for things already suggested.

Technical:

-I hope that the game can be more optimised. I don't have too bad of a computer but with lack of fps it totally takes me out of the experience.

-The HUD inventory could be optimised to be more smooth, small example when you try take an item that is stacked a little window pops up which is very annoying. I think that just clicking it said 2 times for example, will take out 2 antibiotics etcetera.

Experience:

-I'd like to see a few more animals, hopefully bears. But also some birds as this would challenge the player in the skies.

Also adding hares would force the player to find hare holes to trap them. This would make the hunting experience less linear.

-I think that there should be far less deer. If deer were more sparse, the player would actually have to stalk and track the prey, which will challenge the player more and make for a more intimate experience with the wildlife.

-Animal 'foot prints' should be incorporated in my opinion. This links to the point above, it would challenge the player more and have to search for signs of life. Also this may warn players of wolves or other implemented predictors. Traps would also have to be used by assessing footprints of rabbits and so on.

-I think that there should be some items and materials that would make the player's home feel more personal, like collected items like post cards, etcetera.

-When a blizzard blows over, a lot of time is neglected by just sleeping. I think that there should be playing cards, or even chess board and so on.

-I think that items should be upgradable, so the backpack could be increased capacity, and so on.

-I love the fact that there is only just one gun. I understand this game is not about guns. But I do think that adding a double barrel sawn of shotgun may allow people to hunt birds, but also not be over powered that it ruins the game. Also a .22 revolver would also be cool as a shorter less powerful weapon. I think that there should be variants of how each gun looks, so that when you get a rifle, sometimes it is one colour, sometimes the stock is another, sometimes the iron sights change, just for some variety. Same with the knives.

-I think it would be cool to actually inspect items in 3D in the menu by clicking them.

-I think we should be able to smoke and preserve meats and fish like salmon and deer.

-Being able to mark trees with knife carvings like a 'X' would allow players to mark a territory that they have already been to.

-I think that there should a watch to be found, so that when you check the time it does not pop up a HUD and take away the immersion.

-I think having a hand held compass would be really cool. This links into the below point:

-When you come across a body, I think there should be occasional diaries, or letters.

-I think the player should be able to sit down... This does have a reason. If the player could sit down at their home, it would allow them to play cards like I mentioned earlier. Also drink tea/coffee, and write in the players diary for personal objectives and goals. The reason I point this out, is sometimes the best parts in games are the quiet moments.

-BINOCULARS! This would be awesome, being able to track prey and so on.

-I think that the AI for the animals should be improved. I mean that by the player wearing a white jacket instead of a black one, it allows the player to get closer. The animals should also not see players if they are slow walking near cover.

-I think food should be more scarce in general.

-There should be some unique items, or rare ones that are totally random and can only be found for each player. Example: The rifle, binoculars, knife can have an alternative version.

-I think that when players calories are very low there should be subtle signs, like slower walking pace, and slight loss of balance.

-So far I haven't actually been out at night in the game. I think there should be something special that draws the player out at this time. North lights seen very rarely? Maybe some wildlife that only appear at night and can be seen by the lantern light reflecting in their eyes?

-I think that seeing bullet wounds on prey, and/or a death analysis would be very helpful. E.g. shot through the lung, died instantly. This will show the player where he/she hit.

-From travelling to one location to another there should be subtle and slight climate changes. I'm not suggesting from winter to summer. I'm only saying that there should be other animals in place to place, and slight temperature changes.

-I think there should be more locations that are very vast and sparse, so that when you enter the new location, it is somewhat flat and barren with a distant mountain. The reason I suggest this is that

1. it becomes very tiresome having very uneven terrain, and by adding these barren areas the player will still appreciate locations with signs of past civilisation and 'loot'.

2. these areas may be better for fishing and hunting.

3. for players to get from place to place they should have to pass emptier spaces because of the previously mentioned 'quiet moments in game', like the ravine (that was really cool by the way)

I can't think of any more at the moment, if I do I may make an update.

Fantastic game by the way, I was hugely impressed! :D

Many reasonable wishes and suggestions. To focus on your last point for now:

I too would very much enjoy exactly such wider landscapes. To be somewhat blunt about it: much of the current terrain looks scaled-down and quite lumpy and gamey, with bulbous rock formations and small hills everywhere, conveniently blocking most places of interest from sight. The best and most natural view seems to be when you look out over the lake in the Coastal Highway.

However, I only know Northern Canada from pictures so I don’t know to what extent the developers are following actual landscapes. And the wider landscapes you and I have in mind are probably more taxing for computers, so it’s a trade-off between what is feasible and what is desirable. That said, I wager there is some room.

Archived