Newbie here! Boy death is swift!

Skyentist

I just purchased this fantastic game yesterday and I'm in love with it.

After debating the hardest difficulty I decided to go with the owl(whatever that means) and loaded up my first play. I found myself in some sort of ravine and promptly walked out to a small wooden outpost in the clearing. I found a knife and some cold beans. I turned around to begin exploring this new wilderness expanse and bam attacked by a wolf. I fought him off with my knife but and he ran away and I thought myself safe. I panicked a little wondering how I would bandage myself up and that's when he attacked me again and got the best of me. I was in game for less than 5 minutes and furry death got me by the throat. I love this game!

I'm on my 3rd play through now and I'm currently living out of the trappers hut. I've survived for 3 days and 9 hours with only one wolf attack on my second day. I was walking back to my hut after setting some traps and the damn wolf came out of no where. I fought him off with only 17 condition left and felt lucky to be alive. I patched myself up and walked back to my hut. I slept off my wounds waking up with 80% condition feeling pretty nice. I took my first step out of the hut and the wilderness gods of old must have been smiling on me. The wolf was kind enough to die right in front of my humble abode and supplied myself with 3kg of wolfmeat and some nice pelts. What a day!

I have 8 rounds but no rifle!! I can't find a stinkin one. I've got several traps out for rabbit and I've been trying to herd deer into wolves to see if I can't scavenge some meat off it afterwards. If the rabbits don't bite I'm going to have to go on some exploration expeditions to find more food or, preferably, a rifle!

I have to say it again, this game is great! I'm about to continue my journey through the wildneress

Archived