Please remove dying by campfire

Dobian

I just died on my nineteenth day when I guess I placed it too close to me, and when I clicked on it to cook some food I got the death screen. Seriously, even if you fall into a little campfire with just a couple of logs you are only going to get singed, not even that when in full winter clothes and mittens. Plus your clothes are damp and there's snow all around for you to roll in. It just makes no sense. You'd need a bonfire, wear dry clothes, and stand in the middle of it on purpose to self-immolate yourself like that.

Guest Alan Lawrance

The detection logic for being close enough for burns is off in v.166... this is being fixed for the next update. Until this is fixed, be careful about getting anywhere close to a burning campfire.

That's good to know but you still shouldn't be able to die from it, and virtually instantly no less. To burn alive in a small campfire you would have to make yourself stand in it until your clothes ignited and then refuse to roll in the snow to put it out. If you are stepping in it, you should just get a little burned.

Archived