Strange, probably buggy death by wolf

RedNanaki

My last playthrough I died to a wolf in a very odd way on day 29. First I fought it off (using weak blows), and then I don't know if this is intended or not but it immediately jumped me again and I died instantly. As in, the fighting interface graphic from the previous attack had not even disappeared yet when the next attack happened which pretty much immediately killed me.

Had almost 0 fatigue, cold, hunger and thirst, but was encoumbered by 0.20 when it happened if any of that matters. I also had a hunting knife at about 30%, and a hatchet at about 55%. Condition was 100% before the first attack, then about 75% after. I died so fast on the second attack I couldn't properly tell but I think condition immediately dropped to 20% before death.

I honestly have no clue what caused this. One idea that crossed my mind was that when it was trying to flee it ran straight into the hill and couldn't run that way, so attacked me again...? Or is it because I used very weak blows when fighting it off? Because of the 0.2 encoumbered state? Or perhaps because the second attack happened so quickly it didn't even count that I'd fought it off and that's why my condition dropped to 20% so fast? Normally I can easily fight off two wolf attacks before being at risk from dying from a third. Also I'm pretty sure there was only the one wolf, it was up near the Abandoned Lookout on Coastal Highway.

Going by the log it just looks like I was attacked twice in a short amount of time, but if that were the case I shouldn't have had any trouble fighting off the wolf the second time. The log just says the following:

7:40 AM Wolf attack!

7:41 AM Experiencing significant blood loss.

7:41 AM At risk for infected wound.

7:41 AM Wolf attack!

7:41 AM Experiencing significant blood loss.

7:41 AM At risk for infected wound.

7:41 AM You died from loss of blood and shock from a wolf attack

Archived