Mid to Late Game Regional Scenarios

LloydNoise

1. The Regional Scenario/Threat
  2. The regional threat is a condition that effects a particular region. An overarching threat that permeates the region it's based in but not in others.
  3. The type of threat is unique to that region, but changes with each new game.
  4. It doesn't necessarily have to dominate the region as an issue, but it has an overall effect on the region as a whole.
  5. The regional threat is something that I don't think you could necessarily implement straight into a new game. I'd give it a length of time in game, according to the player's wishes (If they even want regional scenarips) a week, a month, at random etc.
  6. I'd think the regional threat would be a good way to shake up mid-late gameplay by having overall effect on a region both passively and directly.
  7. I'd also think that these scenarios would fade away or change over the course of in game weeks or months.

Examples

• The Hostile Crew
  • A gang of hostile survivors have set up camp in a particular region. If you get too close, they'll threaten you at best. At worst, they'll actively pursue you and take shots at you.
  • As well as the direct threat they present. They passively consume resources from man-made structures. Therefore, buildings in the region overall, have less supplies in them.  
  • To deal with this regional threat, you either have to leave, avoid and wait for them to move on, or directly confront them (Whatever that entails).
  • This regional threat would only be available to players should they choose to have NPCs in that particular game.
  • The Wolf Pack
  • Like the Hostile crew, this threat is dangerous if you get too close. Outright hunting you down if you ain't too careful.
  • The difference is though, rather than passively consuming resources in buildings. They lower the number of deer, rabbits etc: in the region as a whole. Thus making hunting more difficult with competition.
  • To deal with this regional threat, you either have to leave, avoid and wait for them to move on, or directly confront them (Whatever that entails).

Archived