Mac Constant Crashing

themaryamorevna

MacbookPro (mid 2010), OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB RAM

For the past few months my game hasn’t been working. As real life has been very busy, I haven’t really had time to play any games, but now that I have some free time, but I can. Unfortunately, TLD hasn’t been cooperating :/ . It did work as of August I believe, but after that it hasn’t.

Every time I go to sandbox mode (starting a new game from the main menu), it has the wolf running loading screen, then after a minute the wolf freezes and it stays that way. Eventually I might get some nature sounds (the wind blowing, ext) but I still see either the loading screen or just plain black. Ctrl, command and esc doesn’t work and it’s ends up leading me to restart my laptop. Occasionally though, it will go to the ‘press key to continue’ after the loading page, but the screen will glitch (see attached image)

I tried doing some challenges with some success but not very much. If it starts me off in a building, it works but when I go outside, it goes to the wolf loading screen then freezes, which again leads me to do a hard restart. The same happens if it starts me outside, but as with sandbox, I sometimes hear nature noises.

I have verified the steam files multiple times, started the game in DX9 mode, uninstalled the game and reinstalled, deleted user files, reinstalled steam, run in borderless window mode.

It's probably staring me in the face as I'm not very good with computers, but I appreciate any help! :D

log.rtf

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 8.54.44 AM.png

Archived