Most near death experieces

Potarus

What is the closest you have ever been to death, what kind of stories did you get while lost in the snowy wilderness?

My most near death experience was during the 4 days of night.

So I had my base at camp office in ML like most people, and I wanted to get to trappers cabin to look for a rifle, instead of playing it safe and walking down the railroad, then walking against the cliff, I cut straight through to trappers cabin and made it there ok. Then when I wanted to come back to camp office I did the same thing with equal success. A few days later I was headed by to trappers cabin to pick up some hide I had curing. I made it there ok, but when I woke up to go back it was incredibly foggy, I though "I know the map well, I can do it." After a while of walking the fog cleared but a really bad blizzard blew up. I got really lost saved and quit. when I came back it was the four days of night event so now it was dark to, but the blizzard was gone. So I started walking in a direction that looked right. Eventually I ended up in clearcut, I sorta knew where I was so I pulled up my handy dandy tld map by white berry. I saw some cabins on the map to the north but didn't know what direction I was in game. So I started walking and ended up circling back to clearcut. Now I  was at 25% gying from sleep and cold and panicking. I ran north to try to get to the cabins but I was at 10% before I even got out of clearcut, with the restricted vision I stumbled into a cliff wall that gave me wind protection. At that point I was at 1% so in an act of desperation  I lit a fire and slept an hour in a bed roll, my mind knew I would die, I comforted myself with the thought of dying in my sleep. I woke up at 2% and nearly jumped out of my skin. I put all the wood I had in my fire and slept of 6 hours, I started hearing clearly. When I woke up none of my bars were empty and I was at 34% but no longer dying. Making my way into the cabins I would have never made it to had I kept walking, as I stepped in I got the Tough as Nails achievement for surviving 20 days co-incidence? I think not. 

Gratz on your survival.

After perishing on day 1 of several Interloper games in a row, I finally had a 55 day game. In that game, I spent the first 5 days searching all of CH for food to keep me alive while my first guts cured. I was under 10% several times. It was a blast, but I've not returned to Interloper. I like Stalker.

Archived