Feature request: manually cancel out of foraging/melting/etc

Ansob

I've had a couple of cases where I've gone from ~50% Condition to near-death or actual death due to status ailments during progress-bar-based activities like foraging/melting snow/harvesting dead animals or even just sleeping, so I'd like to request the ability to manually cancel out of them (okay, maybe not manually cancel out of sleeping), and for the game to display Condition on-screen at all times while these are being performed.

Right now the UI has a Back button for some of these, but it's non-functional (because it's just part of the fire/animal carcass interface rather than specific to the activity interface). Ideally, I'd want the game to show me my Condition percentage at all times while my character is foraging or sleeping (can't think of anything else that blacks the screen out right now) like it does during normal gameplay.

As an example, I killed myself this morning while attempting to melt snow at 12% Condition while dehydrated. I should have been able to cancel out of this manually to drink some of the water, instead of being stuck watching my Condition bottom out while the progress bar keeps chugging along. I was at 12% Condition because I went foraging for wood to start a fire to melt snow while dehydrated and at 64% Condition - two hours of foraging was enough to drop me by 52%, with no ability to stop foraging to stop myself from dropping that low.

It really should cancel out automaticly; with the option to continue manually. So the other way around.

E.g. If you're foraging IRL and you were dying of thirst, you would stop foraging and drink. Or, you would decide to ignore the fact that you're dying of thirst and continue foraging anyway. It should be a conscious choice, now it's feels more like an accident. "whoops, didn't see I was thirsty. Oh, now I'm dead"

It really should cancel out automaticly; with the option to continue manually. So the other way around.

Yeah, I'd be fine with this too. Either way, we need a way of making sure that you don't literally kill yourself because the timer won't let you resume control until its full duration has passed.

Archived