Eternal rifle cleaning

strigon

In the Misanthrope's homestead, I was cleaning my rifle, when on the third or fourth round, I simply wouldn't stop. The cleaning UI went away after the usual amount of time, and I could even close the inventory, but the screen was still dimmed, I couldn't look around or move, and the sound effect for the cleaning was still going on. This is on PC; windows 10, specifically.

This has happened a few times, and it seems to only happen after several repeated instances of cleaning - although I can't verify this isn't just because it's more likely to come up if I'm cleaning a lot. I also can't verify any other locations, as it's only happened in the Misanthrope's homestead.

No buttons work for stopping the cleaning, including the cancel button which stays on screen; if I let him, I'm sure my character would clean that rifle until he died. The only way to stop it was to force quit the game.

EDIT: I think I just discovered exactly what triggers it; if my warmth bar fills entirely while I'm cleaning a rifle, it'll never stop.

Archived