Several Wishes

banff_tan

• Ability to strip trees
    So I see a lot of fallen trees around, with several limbs still present on it, and I feel like I should be able to strip the said tree of limbs. Similar to fallen limbs, simply activate a limb on the tree to harvest it for wood. The limbs wouldn't regrow of course. This turns fallen trees into great stores of wood, but once it's depleted, it's depleted forever. When compared to the fallen limbs, it's High Quantity + Non-renewable vs fallen limbs' Low Quantity + Renewable.
  • Ability to chop down trees
    Now, most of the trees we probably wouldn't be able to chop down. However, now and then I do see smaller, juvenile trees that look pretty easy to chop down with a hatchet. So, why not let us chop down those small trees? Chop it down, strip it of it's limbs as suggested above, then chop it up into logs. This suggestion is more of an expansion to the above one.
  • Alternative Arrowheads
    As others have suggested, alternate arrowheads. Instead of having to use metal all the time, why not let us make rock/wooden arrowheads? These wouldn't kill in one shot even if it was to the head, so you'd have to track shot prey until it bleeds out or you get another chance to shoot it.
  • Primitive Firestarter
    What happened to the good old fashioned way of rubbing two sticks together? A wooden firestarter could easily be made from a branch. Wears out a lot faster than a firestriker, and takes a long time to start the fire, but at least it's renewable, unlike firestrikers and matches.
  • Ability to move/carry containers
    Of course, the size of the container has to be reasonable. Would really love to grab some containers for my base.

Archived