Too many campfires causing PV to crash?

Hello,

TLD has run flawlessly for me for nearly 500 hours. I got crazy one day and made a ginormous "HELP" sign in the snow with campfires next to the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse. There is a video link below.

All was fine and dandy until I completely finished the sign. I went into the farmhouse to patiently wait for my rescue chopper. Upon exiting the farmhouse I promptly crashed straight to my desktop accompanied by one of those audible "dings" that is your computers way of telling you it just had a stroke.

There is a possibility this is a coincidence but it's a amazing one if it is. The game never crashed for me before this in about 500 hours of gameplay. Now, with the campfire sign in the farmhouse yard, the game crashes about half the time I "load" into the Pleasant valley map, which is usually when exiting the farmhouse. After finishing the sign, the game has also crashed when ENTERING the farmhouse, and twice when simply wandering around outside in PV. It also crashed once when entering PV from the cave (from Mystery Lake). The crashes were limited to PV, which fortified my suspicion of the camp fire sign being the culprit, but I did crash once when exiting the dam into Mystery Lake. That was the only time the game has crashed outside of PV for me and I have spent many hours in ML and CH since completion of the sign.

In total, the game has crashed approximately 20-30 times, all but once in PV and never before the sign was finished. Every time it crashed, an "oops" notification/window pops up on my desktop that says the game has crashed and that the devs would appreciate if I sent them the "game crash folder" or something to that effect.

I will send these files, but am not sure where to find them on my PC or where to send them.

If any more information is needed to investigate this bug, just let me know.

Maybe I just shouldn't have lit so damn many campfires :D

You may have to click multiple times on the video below to get it to work. I did in testing it anyway.

[bBvideo 560,340:3g9pdpif]http://www.twitch.tv/thresholdseven/c/6982999[/bBvideo]

Guest mcopeman

Have the campfires disappeared since you have been to other areas? Also, could you post your debug log? On PC, the log is written to the data directory for the game. For Steam, this would look like: C:\TheDirectoryYouInstalledSteamTo\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\output_log.txt

For Mac, the debug log is written to: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log Note that ~ above is your home folder (little house icon).

Melody~

Hi Melody,

The Campfires still persist. I'm on PC. Here is the debug log. I hope it helps.

Initialize engine version: 5.0.2f1 (0b02744d4013)

GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1

Direct3D:

Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]

Renderer: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (ID=0x6658)

Vendor: ATI

VRAM: 2026 MB

Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\ConsoleUtilsImport.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\ConsoleUtilsImport.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\HardwareVideoImport.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\HardwareVideoImport.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\MarketplaceImport.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\MarketplaceImport.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\StorageImport.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\StorageImport.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityPluginLogImport.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityPluginLogImport.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UsersImport.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UsersImport.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\XboxOneCommonImport.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\XboxOneCommonImport.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\EasyRoads3D.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\EasyRoads3D.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\SuperSplines.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\SuperSplines.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\HOTween.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\HOTween.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.ClipperLib.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.ClipperLib.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.JsonFx.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.JsonFx.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Poly2Tri.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Poly2Tri.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\SampleClassLibrary.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\SampleClassLibrary.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\DecalSystem.Runtime.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\DecalSystem.Runtime.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain

- Completed reload, in 0.664 seconds

Initializing input.

Input initialized.

desktop: 1680x1050 60Hz; virtual: 2960x1050 at -1280,0

Initialized touch support.

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

UnloadTime: 3.321511 ms

GAME VERSION: Sandbox Alpha v.244

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

Unloading 11114 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 22745.

Total: 50.387829 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.319778 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.703289 ms MarkObjects: 37.401958 ms DeleteObjects: 8.954978 ms)

Received stats and achievements from Steam

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

Unloading 23 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

UnloadTime: 8.702712 ms

Unloading 381 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 33982.

Total: 52.213337 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.889333 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.236400 ms MarkObjects: 46.156006 ms DeleteObjects: 1.923778 ms)

Unloading 10 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

UnloadTime: 12.471067 ms

Unloading 580 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 120263.

Total: 768.596985 ms (FindLiveObjects: 10.253956 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.689378 ms MarkObjects: 753.213135 ms DeleteObjects: 2.433200 ms)

UnloadTime: 278.013062 ms

Unloading 1513 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 34371.

Total: 261.957947 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.467911 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.151822 ms MarkObjects: 231.465942 ms DeleteObjects: 26.862980 ms)

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/TheLongDark/tld_Data/Mono/libc

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/TheLongDark/tld_Data/Mono/.\libc

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/TheLongDark/tld_Data/Mono/libc

UnloadTime: 13.844357 ms

Unloading 536 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 120246.

Total: 912.031677 ms (FindLiveObjects: 9.727912 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.431244 ms MarkObjects: 896.668335 ms DeleteObjects: 3.195378 ms)

UnloadTime: 329.132263 ms

Unloading 1519 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 34801.

Total: 349.276917 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.555422 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.039377 ms MarkObjects: 321.908447 ms DeleteObjects: 23.766357 ms)

UnloadTime: 13.607245 ms

Unloading 530 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 120351.

Total: 1144.961792 ms (FindLiveObjects: 9.302090 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.880755 ms MarkObjects: 1131.114014 ms DeleteObjects: 2.657111 ms)

UnloadTime: 284.731354 ms

Unloading 1520 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 35089.

Total: 391.698334 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.498222 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.086800 ms MarkObjects: 362.458344 ms DeleteObjects: 25.648092 ms)

Unloading 8 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

UnloadTime: 21.660713 ms

Unloading 716 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 23879.

Total: 377.015503 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.570311 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.651200 ms MarkObjects: 371.775604 ms DeleteObjects: 3.010089 ms)

Guest mcopeman

If you haven't tried this already, this might help: In steam library left click on the Long Dark, select Properties, click the tab "Local Files" and press "verify integrity of game Cache". Let me know if that works!

Melody~

• 2 weeks later...

Archived