My first bearskin bedroll.

traceyle

Yes, it chase animal away. Fishing can never been so easyly. I always scared when go to sleep in fishing hut before because wolf always attack me. Now i can just sitting and fishing all day, sleep at night without any worry.

That's exactly why I was asking! That and sleeping in caves/hunting blinds when the situation calls for it. I haven't played in like a week because my life got crazy but I can't wait to commit some time to this game again!

this is a false claim, only the wolfskin coat can act as a deterrent for wolves. in the first place why would wolves be afraid of a dried handwashed sanitized wolfcoat that does not bear any trace of their relatives anymore.

I tried to sleep in fishing hut with bear bedroll but havent been attacked by wolf a single time. Maybe it is just me or i got lucky, anyone can confirm different? Before even if i wear wolfskin coat i still got attacked many times. And this is a game not reality, if you think about it, wolf scare of bear, right? So if they smell bear they will run away but they will get close if it is a wolf smell, then the moment they found out that you are not one of them, you got bite. LOL :D

Yes, it chase animal away. Fishing can never been so easyly. I always scared when go to sleep in fishing hut before because wolf always attack me. Now i can just sitting and fishing all day, sleep at night without any worry.

this is a false claim, only the wolfskin coat can act as a deterrent for wolves. in the first place why would wolves be afraid of a dried handwashed sanitized wolfcoat that does not bear any trace of their relatives anymore.

And where did you find this out?

The Bedroll information on the crafting table says: "Bedroll crafted from Bear Skin. Heavy, but very warm. The smell might scare animals away."

That seems like a pretty reliable source to me.

And where did you find this out?

The Bedroll information on the crafting table says: "Bedroll crafted from Bear Skin. Heavy, but very warm. The smell might scare animals away."

That seems like a pretty reliable source to me.

And the ultimate reliable source has weighed in on it:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/610573009238394668/?tscn=1424448337

Clearly, the bearskin bedroll deters wolves.

Archived