My first bear kill :D

ChillPlayer

It took 2 bullets to the head, then it attacked me which was followed by a video sequence where I'm not sure my button smashing did anything at all. He left me alone when I was down to 10%, I patched myself up, recovered and went the next day checking for the carcass. There it was :twisted:

766EC36924CB9CA4B14C24196464AC79C3C81CC4

Though I had quite a good laugh when I could only get 3.5KG meat from him lol, I would've expected 20kg or more when a deer gives already 9. Plus one bear hide and two gut.

So unless you desperately need a bedroll or want to feel pure adrenalin rushing through your veins, it's not worth the very likely death.

And you only get one hide per kill, I honestly don't know why anyone would go into the trouble of wanting a bear bedroll when there are so nice places filled with beds to stay without once risking to get tored to death by a black teddy. Other than curiosity that is, but you know what killed the cat.... :D

And you only get one hide per kill, I honestly don't know why anyone would go into the trouble of wanting a bear bedroll when there are so nice places filled with beds to stay without once risking to get tored to death by a black teddy. Other than curiosity that is, but you know what killed the cat.... :D

...Well at least satisfaction brought it back ;) Curious to know how much of a warmth bonus it gives! Maybe it would make it possible to sleep outside without having to worry about blizzards? Not that that would be an every day occurrence, but sometimes you just find yourself in a bad situation..Might make the 3 nights outside achievement a bit easier as well. Wolves notwithstanding, that is.

Wow thanks, I still have to harvest one and kill the other, I wonder how I will bring 66KG of meat down the hill that almost killed me yesterday lol :D

How is their behaviour changed, will it still work to shoot it from distance?

I shot it three times before it got to me, it mauled me to 10%, and then I patched up and it bled to death fairly quickly.

So presumably it takes 4 shots to kill one?

Of course, it also destroys a lot of your clothes when it mauls you, so I nearly froze to death afterwards.

Archived