Items keep respawning at Carter Dam

majorp

I have a problem where two items keep respawning inside Carter Dam:

- A storm lantern in the control room.

- Simple tools in the room next to the control room.

During my first visit to the Dam, I picked up these items from the spots shown in the screenshots. I was then away from the Dam for probably a couple of in-game weeks, if not more. The next time I visited the Dam I found 4(!) of each of these items in the exact same spots. At my third visit, maybe a week or so of in-game time after my second visit, they had respawned again, but this time only one of each. No other items at the Dam respawn, only these two.

I haven't figured out a way to reproduce the respawning, but it seems to happen while I'm away from the Dam. Simply exiting and re-entering the dam or sleeping inside the Dam does not seem to make the items respawn.

Cheers!

StormLantern.thumb.jpg.25e70bdcf08c04398

SimpleTools.thumb.jpg.b4713d636e92eab3ba

Hello,

I was in the dam and I tried picking up a lantern. When I pressed left mouse button to pick it up I noticed that it was still there. I tried to pick it up again and then it was gone. I checked my inventory and saw that I now had three lanterns, while I only had one. This means that there were two lanterns on exactly the same spot.

I actually tried reloading the game since it had not saved yet and the same thing happened again.

I have posted my debug log on pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/i5PQzGmk

I have uploaded the screenshot here. I am pointing at the original location of the two lanterns.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

n00bas

screen_963f980c-a7ed-411f-b91a-4299be424

That looks like the exact same spot as where lanterns keep respawning in my game too.. Do you, by any chance, also have toolboxes respawning in the room next door? :D (Screenshots in this post)

Ah, I must have missed your post. Probably searched with the wrong keywords. I can't really check it out anymore xD. I do not recall that I also had to click twice on the toolbox in the next room, but I am not so sure because I searched that room in the dark.

Now I miss my infinite source of lanterns :(:P. Just kidding, don't want that anyways.

I also had an issue with one of the respective lanterns. When I harvested it, the remaning fuel did not go into the other lantern. These things might be related.

Thanks for your reply! I will make sure to search a bit better next time.

Archived