Walmart Now Open on TWM

Timber Wolf

For fun I erased my save folder and started a brand new character.  How long would it take to stock the Mountaineer's Hut on Stalker?

My plan was to go from DP > CH > ML > PV > TWM – while efficiently looting as many spots as possible.  Originally, I was only going to take the very best items, but as I made my first pass across CH, I changed my mind and started to gather as much as I could (within reason).  I did not bother with some heavier things like lanterns, hammers, or the crappy clothes.

I was pretty thorough in CH, so I had to store two heavy loads (around 65 lbs each) at the PV side of Cinder Hills Mine.  After passing through the Ravine, I made a quick circuit of ML looting almost every structure.  Then I cleared out the Dam and hustled through the Winding River and cave system.  I stopped at Signal Hill on my way to the Farmhouse.  I then moved two heavy loads to the Hatch.  Next I went back and retrieved the two heavy loads I left in the mine, along with 96 pieces of coal.  After everything had been moved to the Hatch, I then moved it all to the Mountaineer’s Hut.  Two well-planned loops around TWM, followed by two quick trips to the summit, and I had nearly all the loot on the mountain.  When it was all said and done - it had taken 30 days to acquire everything, move it to the Mountaineer’s Hut and organize it.

StalkerSmash.jpg

MH1.jpg

MH2.jpg

MH3.jpg

23 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

Maybe I've been playing too much Interloper but it seems like Stalker has a LOT of loot.  14 bottles of antiseptic, 13 knifes, 14 lanterns, 7 firestrikers?  Plus whatever you didn't drag here.  Wow.

I know, it's crazy!  I could move it all to the fishing hut and probably not have to leave it for 100 days or more.

I think I must have ended up with around 60% of all the stuff, based on the findings here - compliments of @Scyzara

This is what I ended up with:

inventory.JPG

12 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

And heres me, just got the "Exploration game" achievement on voyageur and somehow ended up with no rifle. (I skipped a couple corpses that couldve had one) I did end up with 55 bullets though! And a lot of food.

2 guaranteed rifles in DP, except on Interloper.  Unless you salvaged them?  I salvaged a rifle by accident once... it was a sad moment.

28 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

2 guaranteed rifles in DP, except on Interloper.  Unless you salvaged them?  I salvaged a rifle by accident once... it was a sad moment.

I was only in coastal highway and mystery lake, there were a couple corpses in coastal highway that I skipped so they probably had them. 

5 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I was only in coastal highway and mystery lake, there were a couple corpses in coastal highway that I skipped so they probably had them. 

Whoopsie... I mis-remembered the achievement as locations in the first 5 zones.  Those corpses are a good bet for a rifle.  

Just now, Timber Wolf said:

If wikia is correct, then it would take 4.35 liters of water (29 x 0.15 liters per box).

Huh, seems lower than I thought itd be. I also noticed theres probably enough coffee and tea there to get him to max/near max cooking level. 135 total. If hed stop and gather all the reshei mushrooms he could and cook those too, hed definitely be there.

I'm on day 270-something in my game (stalker) and because of this thread I'm seriously considering starting over because my game started several updates ago, I looted most everything before resolute outfitter update, and I really need a new balaclava, :/ Right now cloth is my main issue, kind-of.  Aside from the hypothermia from falling in the water on the Muskeg...

5 hours ago, nicko said:

wow that is a nice collection you have their TW. Thought I might have a book sale soon :)

books001.jpg

I like that you have kindly opted to provide your patrons with the option of sipping some complimentary bottled water while they browse your selection. I think more shops should do this. (I assume you aren't planning to charge for this service?)

However, I can envisage some problems arising from your business model which I think would affect your sales potential. Firstly, your customer base is very limited: the only available punters in the vicinity are the local wildlife. With this in mind, there are very clear accessibility issues when it comes to your premises. Animals are not able to operate doors, and bears would struggle to manoeuvre their larger frames through the narrow walkway outside the Camp Office, which could well cause them embarrassment. You might consider moving your vending point to an outdoor location in order not to fall foul of Equality and Accessibility legislation. In addition to that, the literacy rates among bears, wolves, deer and rabbits are notoriously low. Though crows do have a reputation as intelligent creatures, with high levels of ability in problem solving and even tool making, they are not known for their love of reading (they might have more of an interest in the books as material for lining their nests with, but this is perhaps not what you intended). This means that you will be targeting a very niche market of the very few literate woodland creatures, and this leads us to the next problem: the subject matter of your stock is perhaps unsuitable for the potential readership. While it probably would be accurate to describe your customers as all  'outdoors-y types', the specific topics covered in your stock is not really appropriate, I fear. The book "Field Dressing Your Kill" might even be deemed to be offensive, especially by the rabbit and deer communities; wolves and bears, meanwhile, already have a high level of competence in this field, if perhaps using slightly different techniques. Similarly, a book on how to "Survive the Outdoors" could be seen as patronising and unuseful, given that your customers and their ancestors have evolved over hundreds of thousands of years doing just that. "Wilderness Kitchen" might also contain descriptions and images that upset some customers, so perhaps you could consider placing an age-restriction on the sale of that item? That leaves "The Frozen Angler" and "Frontier Shooting Guide": While I can see some positive interest from your bear clientele in learning new fishing techniques, I would question whether it is wise for your own well-being to educate your neighbours in the effective operation of firearms - especially when it comes to the wolf.

I hope this is helpful to you. I would hate to think that writing all this has been a total waste of time.

17 minutes ago, Hotzn said:

I find it irritating that the books on the bed in the front are not aligned. They look as if strewn there by an untidy, chaotic person. Please rearrange them properly.

Haha!  That's funny, because they were the last things I moved.  I always stand by that spot for sleeping, drinking, fire stuff - and then can also keep an eye out the door.  A habit formed from my time with the Old Bear.  Is this better?

books.jpg

On 1/25/2017 at 3:36 PM, MarrowStone said:

I also noticed theres probably enough coffee and tea there to get him to max/near max cooking level. 135 total. If hed stop and gather all the reshei mushrooms he could and cook those too, hed definitely be there.

I haven't bothered with any mushrooms yet, but it did take all of the coffee and tea, 1 bear, 13 wolves, 5 deer, and 16 fish to get to level 5. :)

Sweet, that's a cool run!  Man, you know what, I LOVE the way this sort of organization looks.  Shelves full of canned food, tools realistically lined up, it looks lived in and cozy.  And then the gamer in me starts getting the shakes, thinking how all that food is degrading twice as fast, and in my own hideouts I go and squirrel them all away in containers.  Where it's just a boring list on an inventory screen. :(

I really wish that, at the very least, canned food - left out while indoors - degraded at the same rate as in a container.  When you think "crazy prepper bunker", it's just not the same without steel shelves lined with cans.  :)

This is awesome, but I have to ask, how did you avoid cabin fever while arranging all of that? And as a chaotic and mussy person, I'm fascinated by the order... my stuff is mostly in a semi random pile outside whatever base camp I'm at.  Though I have learned to seperate out the uncooked food from the cooked food.  9_9  Or in a frig, I love frigs

Archived