Footprints!

Wasteland Watcher

2 minutes ago, Bethany Williams said:

No, we do not provide information about our configuration files or support modding at this time. That being said, we are working on ways to improve this system. 

Thanks for the answer, Bethany.

Any idea when footprints will be configured to last longer? (next patch maybe? Pleeeeease!! ;) )

19 minutes ago, Bethany Williams said:

Important to note I didn't mention they'd be configured to last longer, just that the footprint/tracking system overall is something we're looking at. We haven't made any announcements beyond that =) 

Well...I guess that's better than "it will never change." ;)
Thanks for the reply & info

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO, footprints fade duration should remain at the discretion of Hinterland programmers. I see it as a part of the challenge The Long Dark imposes. The only thing that should affect them should be weather conditions. Well, all of this for the core game, actually. Mods could totally allow such modifications, but i see it as cheating a bit ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the new foot prints, they disappear in ways that make sense, its now actually possible to track a wolf or a deer, though the rabbits are still trolling me.  :D (here are two running along a track I've never been able to snare them on - though they both run through here every day as near as I can tell).

screen_(1461, 22, 593)_004f268f-2826-4a3b-b3c6-0df37123aa42.png

Archived