Timberwolf Mountain Summit Challenge

LucidFugue

After exploring Timberwolf mountain and making it to the top o fthe summit on Stalker, I realised it would be possible to race up to the top, as crafting clothing was completely unnecessary. I know many more experienced players know this as well, but I thought I'd hone my survival skills by testing myself. This was my time:

56dd4d96ac789_SurvivalTimeCondition.thum

Stats.thumb.jpg.265fe64ab8c78056da4a5d36

I'm sure i can do better. But I thought I'd invite everyone else to have a go and see what time you can do. It's no Sea to Summit Challenge but I'd consider it something of a sprint in comparison.

Some of my notes from this run:

Starting in the mountaineer's hut was excellent as I had an instant hacksaw and a good path to the cargo crates with food, can openers/firestrikers, and clothes.

Taking climbing rope is unnecessary (at least unless there's a better route that would make use of it?)

Hit up caves for firewood and as a place to warm up and you won't need a hatchet.

Go torches 24/7 for the warmth bonus. Wood is not scarce.

Know your route and you can navigate even at night.

Lol, I didn't know that was a valid spawn point! You're right, that's ridiculously close. I've decided to give the Sea to Summit challenge a go, as it is a bit more involved.

Beyond that, I've been thinking of a 3 towers challenge. Doing a circuit starting at any of the following:

Forestry Lookout in ML,

Abandoned Lookout in CH,

Radio Control Hut in PV,

Visiting each one before returning to your start point.

Archived