Sandbox mode is not opening in menu

Hey. So, I was playing on my pilgrim-mode exploratory game mode when I decided that I was fed up with looking for a hacksaw. So, I used a save editor to hack one in. I know, shame on me for being lazy. Anyway, I returned to the sandbox mode menu, and alt-tabbed out of TLD, opened up the save editor, and made the change. When I returned into TLD, it wouldn't let me resume my game from the sandbox mode menu. So, I closed out of the game, and restarted it, but this time when I reached the main menu the sandbox mode menu wouldn't even open. It would make the sound effect, but stay on the main menu screen, no matter how long I waited or how many times I clicked. I checked and the story mode, options, and quit buttons all worked fine and without issue. Since then, I have restarted both the game and the computer multiple times, and reinstalled/validated files multiple times. I have even tried compatibility mode and administrator modes in case it was an issue there, but nothing I did has alleviated the problem.

I have used the save editor multiple times before on the same save in the same manner without issue.

I am running TLD on a Windows 10 PC

Please get back to me if you can, because I really enjoy this game and I would hate not to be able to play it!

output log is attached below. I noticed that at the bottom of the log it said something about the Fallback handler not being able to load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/TheLongDark/tld_Data/Mono/libc

output_log.txt

The save editor corrupted your save (looks like it introduced null data into your save, based on your log.) You will need to delete the save you edited and restore a backup. If you didn't make a backup you will need start over. I would recommend backing up the broken save as well - It's always a good idea to backup save data before deleting or editing it. 

Archived